MET was developed from a need for change, from our own requirement for technology we simply couldn’t find on the market.
- The company was founded by entrepreneur, Sean Brown, following demand for marketplace technology that seamlessly integrated with existing systems.
- Later that year, MET launched a proprietary supplier marketplace with a suite of ecommerce tools.
- In the first month of its launch, 250,000 products were added, which proved the immense scalability of the technology.
- Following that, 4,500 ecommerce sites were created successfully using the platform.
- As demand grew even further, the priority was to build a strong leadership team which would be the foundation of the company. CEO Sean Brown sought after experienced leaders in the marketplace technology space and found true innovators that shared the company’s passion.
- Later that year, MET won two of the biggest B2B and B2C enterprise marketplace pitches. This was a huge turning point for the company, as it presented the opportunity to significantly scale the in-house team.
- MET was voted UK Business Tech Start-Up of the Year at the UK Business Tech Awards.
- Revenue was trebled from the Enterprise Arm of the business, which allowed us to further scale the team and resources.
- MET was placed No.8 in the top 100 e-commerce trailblazers list.
- 2020 kicked off with being award Start-Up of the Year by Harvey Nash.
- We continue to deliver for clients and develop the cutting-edge ecommerce technology of tomorrow.